Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TKD...Hmmmm

"Stay with it--that's what is required. Stay with it to the end. You won't be sorry, you'll be saved" Mark 13.13--The Message-Remix


My reasons for not staying in the RACE are many.

1. What if I fail?
2. I'm too tired.
3. You are in my way.
4. It is so hard.
5. My body hurts.
6. I’m embarrassed.
7. I’m scared.
8. Blah, Blah, Blah…

All of these "reasons" have been valid to me at the time; none of them hold water when put to the test of Mark 13.13.

Today's challenge:
Try something new. For me it is: Tae Kwon Do.

Obstacles to overcome:
I worked all day and I am TIRED. I am intimidated by this sport. I feel self conscious about doing this in front of mostly men. I’m afraid I won’t be able to remember the forms. I’m embarrassed because I’m so fat. Have you seen the uniforms they wear? My body hurts from yesterday. I’m scared. Sound familiar?

Stay with it--that's what is required. Stay with it to the end. You won't be sorry, you'll be saved!

Here is the beauty of this. If I don’t like it, that’s okay. At least I can say I tried it. If I feel great at the end of the work out, or I feel like a dunce it doesn’t matter. I will have succeeded in being a part of the RACE… Living my life in the moment, aware of my body, my mind and my spirit.

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I think I will. TKD did not make me feel like a dunce. Although I did develop two blisters, one on each big toe. Wish I still had my Tiger Claw shoes. Time for a new pair. Thank you Mr. Cox for taking me as a new student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of class I found out...

    How do we build true confidence? Knowledge in the mind, Honesty in the heart, Strength in the Body. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete