Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

VICTORY is mine.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

Apparently God wants me to know He is with me.  This is the second day in a row that I have been reminded of this fact in my daily devotions.  Noteworthy is the fact that I studied one devotion in the Upper Room and the other on Proverbs 31 Ministry.

How reassuring is that?  God is with me!  No matter where I am, no matter what the problem, or the joy. Nothing is too big or too small for God.  He wants me to be a member of His family.  Conversely, that means He wants to be a member of mine.

He is cheering for me; even when I'm not.  That knowledge is what gave me the strength to finish my chores, and get my butt out to run tonight.  I almost quit.  Almost left the last few dishes for tomorrow.  Almost put off my training until tomorrow.  Almost decided not to clear the clutter off my desk tonight.  Almost decided not to tell you about my defeat  VICTORY!!!

Now the dishes are done. The run is over.  My clutter is cleared, and I have found victory in the little things.  I made a conscience decision to LIVE.  It took God to remind me that I only have to do it one day at a time, and with Him anything is possible!

I hope you had a small victory today in your RACE.  If so, drop me a line, and tell me about it.  I don't care how insignificant the victory, I want to know about it.

Thank you for checking up on my RACE to live my life in the moment, aware of my body, my mind and my spirit.  I hope you become inspired to run the RACE too!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I helped my mom enjoy her day. She even noticed things like the squirrel, and turned her stiff neck. We sat at the front window and watched the birds. I destressed and she enjoyed talking about old times, birds, and my dad.
    This was a victory for me, as it is not always that easy to get her motivated, and she holds her neck so stiffly insisting she can't move.
    It was also a moment of peace for me in my over stressed life, a moment for myself. We just sat and enjoyed God's glories, and being together.

    ReplyDelete