Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

How hot is it? W-O-W, hot hot hot.

Watch out world, tonight is nothing but nostalgic ramblings of a girl born in the 70's...

During my childhood, there was a Little Caesar's Pizza commercial that had a guy in a Fireproof suit and a guy with a flame thrower. (This was one of my mother's and my favorite commercials) The guy holding the flame thrower said, "How hot is it?" and proceeded to torch the guy in the Fireproof suit.  At which time the really HOT guy would proclaim, "WOW, Hot Hot Hot.".  Forgive me if I have gotten this somewhat out of order it was in the late 80's and YouTube has not yet discovered this brilliant commercial.

The point is, I'm the guy in the flameproof suit tonight, as is my poor doggy, Silas.  It is 8:30 and 85 degrees in my home.  It is 8:30 and 87 degrees outside.  It is 115% humidity in Kansas tonight with thunderstorms to the North, and electricity in the air.

I feel soggy, sticky and HOT.  There are bugs everywhere tonight, the kind that fly in your mouth and stick to your skin.  It's nasty tonight.

But, much like the silver lining of the cloud above, I have a silver lining to share with you.  I only have to run one more night this week.  Then, I switch to Phase Two of my RACE training.

Furthermore, I managed to find four very vital books that had escaped my possession during the move. One of which was the bible my mom gave me for my 17th birthday.

I weighed in at 189.5 this morning.  This is down from the 196.5 I weighed while living with my husband's family a month ago.

One other victory for me today.  I drank a soda.  I'm sure many of you do this daily, but I do not.  When I was a child, we never had soda in the house.  I actually remember my first drink of the fizzy stuff at about age 8.  I was visiting my grandma in Iowa, and the neighbor offered it to me. It hurt my nose sooooo bad, I cried. 

I got over the initial shock that Pop can deliver, and over the years, I have tried many varieties, and my favorite has waxed and wained like the moon's phases.  Now it's more like my love of wine, infrequently indulged in, and has to match the meal. IE. pizza and root beer. Tonight, I walked to our local pizza joint, Buzzards, and orders a small half diet/half regular Dr. Pepper.  It was YUMMY.

How could I?  First of all it was mostly diet, the chick at Buzzards didn't get the half/half thing.  Second, my goal to running my RACE is to be fully aware of my mind, my body and my spirit.  My body wanted to taste some soda. Besides, it was fun to purposely walk a few blocks just for a soda. (This was not part of my training run/walk tonight either)

Did you have fun today?  Drop me a line and tell me about it.  Who knows,  I might try your idea too.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment